19 July 2014

Potato Sabzi

Very Very simple yet delicious Potato Sabzi in no time, the only time it takes is to boil and peel potatoes. It goes well with Roti, Phulka  and Chapati


Ingredients : 


  • Potato - 450 gms
  • Jeera - 1/2 sp
  • Hing - generous pinch
  • Oil - 4-5 sp
  • Salt - As per taste
  • Kasuri Methi - 1 sp
  • Red Chili Powder - 1/2 sp
  • Coriander seed Powder - 1/2 sp

Method : 

  1. Pressure cook Potatoes until 2-3 whistles. let the pressure ease. Transfer potatoes to a bowl containing cold water. Peel potato skin and cut into cubes.
  2. Heat Oil in a large pan. Prepare tadka with Jeera and Hing. Add Potato cubes, Salt, Red Chili powder, Coriander seed powder and Kasuri Methi. Mix well. Simple yet delicious Potato Sabzi is ready to serve.



1 comment:

  1. While I stand in the kitchen looking at the veggies on my chopping board staring back at me, I wonder what to do with them. Sometimes, you just get bored of the same taste almost every day. Well, I agree that some people have that art of making simple things taste awesome, but I am not one of them. This, leaves me just two options..either to cook the same boring recipe or to visit Lalitha's blog. I would definitely choose the second one.
    Lalitha's recipes use simple ingredients found in any indian house and create magic out of them. A simple aloo sabzi tastes so yummy and mouthwatering that you feel like making it right away..
    I not only like her recipes but her writing style is very simple and elaborate. She tells minute details, tips and a lot more..
    I would recommend this blog to anyone new to cooking or wants to add some magic to her daily food.

    ReplyDelete